Thursday, November 5, 2015

New Works and Musings On Art

Venice (Downtown) and Sarasota (St Armands Circle) are the Florida venues up next. I've just finished all the pieces - 46 total. I'm wiped out but I even swept the studio (it needed it badly) and all is ready for the trip. I'm picking up Ty in St Augustine at the beach house, having dinner at The Seafood Kitchen (Sissy and Margaret beware - I'm hungry), and spending the night - traveling tomorrow and setting up Saturday at daybreak. I miss my honey and bride so I'll be real serene when I get a hug from her! Gotta love this: I had some real interesting experiences painting this week... had some pieces I didn't like so much and I took them and reworked them. I am very pleased with the outcome... especially after 16 hours of rework! The new postings should be up and on the website sometime this weekend. Dan got them all this morning 3 AM Denver time. I am also working on abstracts and after reading a novel about the American Expressionist movement and one about bullfighting in Mexico, I am energized for the long haul. Abstracts are freeing to do, but they are the most difficult to manage. Seems anybody can fling paint but to keep the passion and nuance, the structure and "push/pull" of the color theory, add in theme and message and boy has one a tall order to fill... then it has to be pleasing! Well we'll see how this pans out. I do feel like I understood some new principles in the making of art. I am alone so much in the studio, listening to "my shuffle" and dancing around the table, that I don't get out much. I don't get the stimulating conversations about how we do this thing. And after 24 years of it, I guess I'd have to say I have some experience - now the job is to use it in innovative ways, refreshing my art button. Of course, my patrons and friends do a very good job of keeping me at it and their approval means everything to us - how could we do what we do without their love! I'm stoked!
Homage to Isak

Homage to Degas

Gals Redeaux

Floral Burst Redeaux

The Dame and Dude

Pam's Commission

Tommilyn Commission

The Dame, The Dude and the Dog

These Gals
Oops!

The Harlequin Toredos
That's Attitude!

1 comment:

  1. From our signature dishes to our seasonal specials, each item on our menu is meticulously crafted to tantalize the taste buds and satisfy the soul. With a focus on fresh, locally sourced ingredients and inventive flavor combinations, every bite is a culinary adventure that leaves a lasting impression. Visit us.

    ReplyDelete