Sunday, January 16, 2011

More New Works

" Lake View" is 36 x 48 and is done primarily by splattering the paint with a medium brush and very "wet on wet"...

Another Large piece, "Three Lady Lunch," is done by lifting the color off the canvas after it has cured...




Back in the studio, I am working on some larger pieces for the fun of it. These have been in the works for a few weeks now. I look at them daily as I work and then, zap!, I get an idea to move ahead in a direction which brings them out from the vague mesh of color and into the detail. These will continue to be developed over the next few weeks; I am planning on having them ready for the show in CA, La Quinta Arts Festival March 10-14... The "Sunday Afternoon in the Park" piece is done with underpainting of color block, lifting, and then stippling with small brush in all the colors juxtaposed... tedious but effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment