Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Medal Received!

Certificate and Bronze Medal from the Academy of Arts, Letters, and Sciences (Paris June 2013)
for "body of works" submitted for jury  

I just received this photo from Benedicte Lecat of Com2Art. Benedicte is making sure I sweep the European continent with art and is representing me in those efforts! She has sold a few pieces in Brussels and is  planning the management of the Societe Nationale des Beaux-Arts in the Carrousel du Louvre  for 2013....

"My Three Graces" is a 30" (76.2 cm) x 30" (76.2 cm) watercolor on canvas and certainly represents my work with the Ladies. It will be removed from the stretcher bars, rolled in a tube and shipped to Cannes where Benedicte will work with the framer to re-stretch and mount in the show December 15-18, 2013 in the Carrousel du Louvre.

I have prints available of this one too, so that those who have begun "the Paris collection," now have three to choose. (Available @ www.tombarnesfineart.com)

This one is spoken for as I have promised Tyler that I would add the first three pieces shown there into his private collection (quite an impressive grouping already!)

I am looking forward to the next show on King Street, Alexandria VA, September 7-8.
Then I'll be in the studio working on images for Stockley Gardens, Norfolk VA, October 19-20.
 
My Three Graces
30" (76.2 cm) x 30" (76.2cm)
Original Watercolor on Canvas
2013 Jury Selection Societe Nationale des Beaux-Arts
Paris,  December 15-18


 
A WORD ABOUT CHICAGO 2013:


To all those who bought and admired and shared the two weeks of art in Chicago, I give my heartiest thanks! The time there was special and was so easy and rewarding... for a guy who seeks comfort, I was richly rewarded. I am ever grateful for the patronage. My friends, Bev and Bob Seiffert, opened their immense and warm home to me and the private showing they orchestrated brought many of their friends into my space. I was most appreciate for this extra effort. It was all very enchanted! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

1 comment: