Monday, October 28, 2013

Works in Progress

I finally did a project to show the progress of paintings! For the Venice FL show this coming weekend I had to paint a lot of images... mainly because Stockley was so very successful and I was inventory depleted. A great problem to have but I had ordered canvases and got down to the wire receiving them... so, I had to invent a new process... I have often worked on several paintings at a time. Mainly because the "zone" is so hard to get into and maintain what with having to mow the lawn once in awhile. I needed 9 nine pieces, three 30" square, three 24" inch square, and three 16 x 20s. I cranked up the Pandora station and put it on shuffle. Then I laid all the canvases out, cleaned them to break down the factory sizing and began to sketch. I sketched them all in one day and then began the color design. The color plan took about 24 hours, but working on one color throughout the entire collection I didn't have to clean the palate as much. Thought this was interesting and that I would share it with my friends and patrons. The final products of each will be posted too but first I have to get them to my webmeister for posting there... they are in Wet Paint on the website at
www.tombarnesfineart.com


Sketch and Skin tones... they are hard to do so I tackled them first!


Then the black hats and flowers went in... I did this as "The Black Hat" series

Gloves and some dresses were put in so that the backgrounds could be planned around the central figures
 

So then I began the backgrounds and decided to use Ochre as an under-painting color. Almost left them this way because they were so graphic
 
Almost there with the base tones and color blocks... For finals check out the web site or wait a minute and I'll download the finished pieces...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment