Friday, June 25, 2010

It's A New Day!



Okay, I had to leave this in... (I can't find the delete key) This morning about 5 AM, went outside to feed the HeatherCat and look what was staring down at me from the water oak at the garage door! This is Black Bart, an Eastern King snake and friendly too. He eats vermin and is the only snake that can eat rattlesnakes, corals, and moccasins... however, he may have just dined on a sparrow egg but I think I'll keep him.

Three beautiful ladies inspired this new setting and pose. I am really pleased with the extra care I took on this piece. It is a commission for a Norfolk patron. It's a 24 x 24 canvas.


Here's a 30 x 40 canvas done as a commission (accepted with delight); all the right colors, all the right attitude. It was done for a friend of my first framer!

I am back in the studio and painting again: This one is a 24 x 24 canvas and while it seems a little washed out in the digital, it is really a dynamic, rich, deeply colorful piece...(I have got to take time to work out shooting these new pieces; the studio floor is not giving me the best reproduction!)



No comments:

Post a Comment