Monday, October 25, 2010

Into the Morning Light...


Am back in the studio for the next few weeks....got an order of canvases and frames and have even planned some of the images I hope to do. Had such a great response to the new pieces at Stockley it is making me a little nervous about warming up again... can I do more and better images? We'll see. This is just a minor thing that happens right before I plunge back into the "zone." Even with all the success, I wonder if I will still have the inspiration when I pick the brush back up again... It is a challenge to remember where I left off! Have three commissions to generate and that always helps; I can start with something I know and work out from there. This new piece is the first "under glass" piece I have done for some time. It was about three days in the making as I came to it, left it, and came back again. I have another one started, a landscape, and I'll take them to Marlboro MA November 15. The process is wonderful: I don't know of any work I could be engaged in that has such soul gratifying capacity! I am blest and thankful today, right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment