Saturday, June 18, 2011

Preparing for the next thing...



















This week was a flurry of activity. I worked diligently to get the show in Dallas ready. Here's what's happening: In High Point, I met a fine friend, Amy Allen, who asked about me going into her design gallery in the Dallas Merchandise Mart. It's on the 9th floor and I rent space for a year, displaying my art and giving folks from Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas a chance to see my work. It's only for "the trade" so only people who are buying art for their clients or store fronts can access the work. I sent about 12 pieces there and Amy was good enough to hang and organize the space for me since I am not able to get to Dallas for the opening. Thank you Amy! You've been great to work with! Some new pieces I'm putting in are shown here... This is a huge experiment for me and I am simply going to watch and see what comes of it. Redefining my venues is not easy. But I am more and more interested in what is coming next than what is given...

No comments:

Post a Comment